Posted on: 8 October 2015
Are you moving into a new country home or are you making plans for an outdoor entertainment area in your present home? Consider including a hardscape in your design. Flagstone, brick, and cement are good choices for your entertainment area because they are affordable and virtually indestructible. A good contractor will have the training and the experience to help you establish a focal point for your entertainment area.
- Consider flagstone, brick, or pebble stone for your flooring. Another idea is to select concrete, which is very versatile. Besides painting it to match the furniture and other decor you select, you can also have it faux painted to look like marble, Saltillo tile, an oriental carpet. or almost anything you can imagine. The great part about having a concrete floor is that it is conducive to great dance parties.
- You may like a large stone and brick cooking island. If you decide to go with an island, consider having space for tall stools so that after the meal preparation is complete, you and your guests can visit and eat right at the island.
- The contractor may suggest that a huge fireplace be built as the focal point. After that has been established, you will know where you want your furniture placed. One really dramatic look for your fireplace would be to combine stone and brick in the design.
- Do you plan on entertaining your guests? Whether you want to include karaoke, a small band, or games like charades, think about having the contractor include a small stage as part of the entertainment area. You can work together to determine where the best place is to wire for electricity.
- Think about having concrete benches placed in strategic locations, too. Adding colorful seat cushions will make for a more comfortable place to enjoy the area.
- Whether it's your own children and grandchildren or the children of your guests, think about establishing a hardscape space designed especially for their fun. Including a concrete area where the children can skate, ride tricycles, use sidewalk chalk and play other outdoor games will surely be appreciated. Consider including outdoor storage for balls and other play equipment that can be kept nearby. Another good idea is to make room for a weather-resistant table and chairs where the kids can enjoy outdoor meals.
Contact a masonry contractor, like one from Trinity Masonry & Concrete, for more ideas or to schedule a consultation.Share